Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



Hope you have all had a lovely Valentine's Day :)

My wonderful hubby, treats me to a weekend away if Valentine's Day is a week day, so last weekend we went to a gorgeous hotel in Lincolnshire. There was yummy food and drinks, beautiful views, relaxing swimming pool/sauna and and adorable presents.  We always exchange cards & gifts when we decide to celebrate.  

This year I received a beautiful necklace made with Onyx, a lovely novel to read & a DVD I really wanted ( The Switch/ Jennifer Aniston).  So after being totally spoilt all weekend I decided to decorate the house for today & cook a 3 course dinner for my wonderful hubby. 

I made a light Greek salad to start with, then Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon (first recipe that I have tried this year) & a Chocolate cheese.  I got the recipe for chocolate cheesecake from Betty's Kitchen from youtube.  She has some of the most amazing recipes.  If you wish to watch it then click HERE.   I love Betty's recipes, easy to follow & turns out great :)  

Here are some of the photos from our Valentine's Day.  Hope you enjoy them. 

Hugs

Lily




Dinner table & Valentine's Day crackers! They had fridge magnets & games :)


Love


Local supermarket's Valentine's steak!

Supermarket

Roses at the supermarket :)


This year I decided to display every Valentine's Day card that my hubby & I have ever exchanged.
Spent a few hours in the attic to find them but it was worth it.



Hear with Robins 



  Made the hearts from paper

My dozen of red roses and tulips from my lovely hubby


Valentine's snow globe.
That's me :) The lovely necklace was a Valentine's Day gift.  It's so pretty :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lily, Your hubby was very good to you! Your necklace is pretty and so are you! I enjoyed looking at your pictures. The table was set so pretty...with all the hearts and such! I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day! You're a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you that the dinner you fixed looked absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,
    All so beautiful!
    All because two people feel in love. This is so wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moley! What a great Valentine's Day for your both. Love all the decorations. A home cooked meal is the best for a special day, as it has so much love put into it. Just beautiful!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete