Monday, 6 December 2010

Santa's Sleigh

Hope you have all had a great weekend.  I have. We are celebrating an early Christmas with my in-laws (whom I love).  We try to meet up around the holidays each year.  They live faraway from us & it is lovely each time we meet up. Now:  

I have a question for you guys :)

As you know I watch Christmas movies all year long and have a great collection but there is one thing I do not understand so I am hoping that you'll be able to help Please.

What is the "Sleigh crash of 1964"?  It is referred to in lots of movies.  Is it some childhood myth I missed or is it made up?

I f you think you might know the answer, please write.

Have a lovely week.

Lily

Love this new Santa


4 comments:

  1. LoL, well to really break it down to simplicity it means the drastic change Santa took in his looks. In the 1964 movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Santa had his classic look and then there was the big Star Wars craze. During that craze it was said that Santa had a big sleigh crash and his looks changed drasticly to what we know today, lol. The next big movie to come out in 1974 with santa was The Year Without a Santa Clause. Santa and his Elves were for ever changed. Therefore it is referred to as the sleigh crash of 1964. Pretty funny ha, lol. There is a reason for everything I guess.

    Glad you had a great weekend. Only 3 more weeks until the big day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lily!
    Have wonderful day and enjoy good company.
    I love this Santa Claus.
    Hugs,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont have the answer.... but i truly believe... xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its when it was really stormy and Santa although crashed his sleigh he survived and finished handing out all the presents

    ReplyDelete