Wednesday 1 February 2012

Christmas Dinner

How was your January? I cannot believe it already is the first of February, how fast the time goes by. I thought I'll share a few photos with you all of our Christmas feast. It looks like a lot but to my delight there weren't much left overs. I was glad because that meant everyone enjoyed their dinner & also I don't like wasting food. We had some cold Turkey sandwiches the next day so that was nice but we finished everything else :) This year I followed a Jamie Oliver (a popular British cook) Christmas recipe & he does everything from scratch. I'm not drinking at the moment as I'm pregnant so I thought I'll put a little more effort into the food this year & actually it turned out very nice. I may do the same recipe next year although it might be a little challenging with a little boy around. We're almost done decorating the nursery now, the furniture has arrived & we're doing the finishing touches such as curtains etc.  I'll upload some photos as soon as it is all done. Hope you all are having a lovely Wednesday/Thursday.

Lily 





4 comments:

  1. Your feast looked delicious! I don't like wasting food either...or my time making it... when I fix a big holiday dinner. I would feel really let down if no one ate much after all the work that went into it, but that usually doesn't happen. Sometimes I think I make to much, but we love leftovers.

    Hope you're doing well and can't wait to see pic's of the baby room! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, yes doing fine. Will upload photos in just over a week, promise :)

      Delete
  2. Your feast looks sooo yummy! I love Jamie Oliver. He had a show on The Foodnetwork channel that I loved to watch. I also liked his show on the school lunches here in America. So glad to hear you are doing well and can't wait to see pics. of the babies room!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, yes he does a lot here too to encourage families on healthy eating :)

      Delete