Thursday 16 June 2011

Cream cheese pies

First of all, I want to welcome all my new followers, it is very nice to "meet" you. 

This afternoon I made these Cream Cheese pies (mostly for my hubby as he treated me to a lovely meal out last night) :)

It is a total bliss to be using my kitchen properly again now that uni is done, after many months of ready-ish food.  We don't ordinarily have dessert but i found this recipe on "Betty's Kitchen" channel on youtube. I have altered it a little bit I must say but can't take full credit :)  I love Betty's recipes, so simple to follow.


For this I bought 12 Brandy Snap Baskets (Betty recommends using one large pie crust)

Then you beat 8oz of mascarpone cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar plus a tea spoon of vanilla extract.  In a separate dish beat 16oz of double cream, then fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture and rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Then choose, wash & slice the fruit. I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries as I wanted a summer fruit flavor and had some strawberries in the garden to use.  You can use sliced nectarine, peach or apricot for more of a tropical taste. 

Then separately add a tea spoon of orange extract to a half a cup of strawberry jam and mix well.  Once the cream cheese mixture has cooled down, serve it in your individual cases or large pie crust, add the fruit and then top it with the jam & orange extract mixture. Rest in the fridge for another couple of hours before serving.  It is possible to make it as long as 8 hours before if you are making them for guests, that way you can get it done first thing in the morning and forget about it :)

It is so quick to make & delicious.

Hope you all are having a great week, I am looking forward to the weekend.  Have received all of my university results and am happy with them.  Just have to wait for the graduation ceremony in January.  This will be the first weekend in a long time to not be thinking about any studies or results :) So I'll be spending it planning for Christmas (never too early, TeeHee)

Thanks for stopping by,

Lily



Ingredients: Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Sugar, Vanilla extract, Orange extract, Strawberry jam, Mascarpone cream cheese, Double cream & brandy snap baskets. 

The finished double cream plus cream cheese mixture




3 comments:

  1. Those little pies look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute and look so yummy! The cream cheese mixture looks so creamy. Glad you did well with your university results. I never did know, but what is it that you're going to college for? Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so pretty. And the ingred. are very YUMMY! Very pretty pictures Lily

    ReplyDelete