Friday 17 September 2010

Autumn is here

Autumn has officially arrived in England.  Yesterday I needed a cardigan & socks cause it was so cold (around 16 C max). Halloween & Christmas Decorations are appearing in the shops & the heating came on this morning. All the leaves are starting to change colour & the weather as usual can't make up it's mind whether to rain or just be windy!

I had gone shopping yesterday, (the change in whether called for new boots) & I ended up buying a Santa decoration as well as. Well, this will make you laugh. There was a little boy shopping with his mum but he wasn't being very good. You know, he was moaning & pretending to cry & all that.... Then I walked right pass him with this Santa in my hand & he stopped crying immediately. You could see that he thought "oops... if I carry on, no presents from Santa".  I had to try hard to keep a straight face but it was so funny.

I normally buy more traditional looking decorations but really loved the modern/alternative look that he has. Also my autumn fireplace display is finished so here are some photos.












Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Lily

6 comments:

  1. Hiya Lily,
    What a cute story about the little boy. Your Santa is so adorable. Love his colors and his cotton ball beard. Makes me want to give it a pull! Your Fall decorations look lovely. I guess its becoming hot cocoa time for you know.
    Have a wonderful weekend! :)
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the santa! You did a great job decorating around your fireplace. Do you have rocks in there? Is it gas or wood burning? I bet it looks so wonderful with all of the candles burning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog! Love the new Santa, if he were mine I'd put him in the window over my kitchen sink - to make me smile! Your blog is lovely, If you'd like to "visit" me in New England I'd love it, it's very exciting to get new Followers! I enjoyed my visit today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness... Santa is the cutiest!
    Love him!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this one on Sundays with Santa Lily!
    Hope your feeling well...
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Santa ♥ and a funny story ☺

    Nice decoration at your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete