Saturday 11 September 2010

Christmas in England part 3

These are photos from York. For those of you lovely blogers who live or have lived in New York (States), this is the city that New York got it;s name from.  In York people love Christmas so much. Every year they put on a huge Christmas Market (where you can buy anything from handmade gifts to festive drinks & roasted nuts) & ice rings and massive decorations. It's really beautiful.























Pretty sure that's Hyde Park in London but I could be wrong!


Harrods in London

London - Trafalgar square


London - Trafalgar Square
Christmas Concert



Our neighbourhood :)  
Manchester Christmas Market


Hope you like these


Lily





5 comments:

  1. I love these images! We had Christmas in London a couple of years ago and my husband and I have just today been discussing whether or not we do it again next year (for my 40th birthday present!)...These pictures might have just made our decision for us!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Have you had a look on my sidebar for details about an ornament swap I just found out about? It looks fun!

    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Lily these pictures are sooo pretty! The buildings are so magnificent. That pic. with all the trees lit up is fantastic!! A Christmas Market??!!! I would live there every day, lol. Just walking up and down the streets would be a dream. Thank you for the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily, what a pleasure to see these pretty photos of York. I've been there twice, and I'm quite sure one of those times, I stayed at a hotel within about 20 steps from the photo of that city gate. I love York very much, especially for just strolling around the city and the wonderful shopping. Because it was a medievel city, I adore the architecture and they have a fabulous museum, the Jorvik Viking museum that I enjoyed very much. Thanks for showing us these lovely photos.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily,
    Forgot to mention that your neighborhood looks so pretty with a light dusting of snow. Does it snow often in winter there?
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete