Sunday 12 September 2010

Autumn Wreath

After a couple of weeks my autumn wreath is finally made and hung on the front door.  I have had a few nice comments from people who live in the neighbourhood which is awesome as this is the first wreath I've ever made.  Here are some photos.


This is it finished on my front door.


Started with a plain 12 inch wreath & a scarecrow 

3 meters of 2inch wide orange ribbon & 2 meters of 1 inch wide lemon yellow ribbon. 


Scented dry mini pumpkins.


bag of brown and red pot-pourri 


I glued the pieces on as I thought might look OK. Then got some berries from the garden and used "twist & tie" wire to put them on. Wrapped the yellow ribbon all around the wreath and made a bow with the orange ribbon. It also smells nice as the pieces are scented.








Hugs

Lily

6 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on your wreath. I have never seen dries pumpkins, I love them! I bet they smell delightful. And they sure are cute to look at. Did you dry them yourself?

    I am sad to say that we do not have a Christmas market in my area. I am not sure about places like New York but here we do not :( When I imagine London and places like that I imagine all different markets. Food markets, flower markets, and everything. Am I wrong in imaging that? Someday I would love to go there. That is another whispering dream of mine! I am a huge history buff and the buildings that you post make me swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!
    I just bought some items to make a wreath last week. I havent got it done, but yours is so Nice!
    I am signing up to be your latest follower!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lily! How are you?
    I love coming here on your blog ...
    This wreath is perfect. I loved the step by step.
    Kisses and until my next visit.
    Lila
    P. S. Now on my blog has google translator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lily,
    Love you homemade Autumn wreath. So very colorful. I really admire your door too, especially those glass panels. I bet you are already thinking about what Christmas wreath you are going to put up!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily,
    What a beautiful wreath!!!
    It looks fabulous on your door!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your wreath, it looks wonderful. I don't believe I have seen those mini pumpkins before, so cute and unique. Thanks for the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete