Friday 10 September 2010

Christmas in England part 1

Have you watched the film "Pride & Prejudice"? The one with Keira Knightly in it.  That film was filmed in England and "Pemberly" Mr Darcy's house in only a few miles away from me. The name of the property is "Chatsworth House" & it is partially open for public visits.  They have a wonderful Christmas display each year in every room of the proprety & we went to visit last Christmas on December 21st. I thought I'll share some of our photos from that day.




























I am very lucky to live nearby! Do you have any Christmas photos of where you live?

Lily


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Lily these photos are the best! I love those movies, Sense and Sensibility is my favorite movie of all time... even over Christmas, lol. How blessed you are to live so close to that history. What great buildings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Seriously beautiful photos. I love that movie! Thank you for sharing your neighborhood with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,
    Wow, you are so lucky to live near this gem of a place. I would love to visit this property, especially near the Christmas holidays. I want to get some of those tall white branches standing in the two vases of the hallway, in the 5th photo from the bottom of your lovely post. They would look great in my home. Do you know what you call those type of branches? Well I love them. Wonderful photos. Lily, when you visit my blog, type in Christmas in the blog search box, and you will see some of my Christmas posts over the last few years! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures and places of Christmas in England. I saw all the three parties.
    Beautiful pictures!
    Lily, a big hug and till the next visit.
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing this makes me want to get out the trimmings and start Christmas decorating! However, we still have Halloween (which I don't bother with) and Thanksgiving before the wonderful Christmas season begins.

    ReplyDelete